March 24, 2021
My guest for the next two days will be Army Physician Colonel Skip Mondragon. He is going to help men in some very key areas... If you know anyone men that were or are military, who could benefit from this discussion please tag them. Dr. Mondragon will:
1. Highlight the impact of mental illness in men.
2. Discuss ways to combat the stigma of mental illness
3. Give men, especially tough guys, including active duty service members and first responders, and vets permission to say, "I'm hurting, I need help."
4. Educate on cardinal symptoms of depression.
5. Provide tips to help those struggling with depression to help them recover and to maintain their health and well-being.
6. Talk about the 2 sides of masculinity. The side that's tough, hard-charging, decisive, protective, and provider. And the side that is tender, compassionate, humble, and able to openly express their emotions appropriately, including openly shedding tears and being vulnerable.